Welcome to Liautaud! We want to help our new students make the transition to Liautaud Graduate School of Business as smoothly as possible. To guide you on your way, we've created this page specifically for new graduate students. The checklist will help guide you through some of the steps to be completed prior to registering for classes. If you still have questions after you've read these pages, feel free to contact us for assistance
- All new students should review this page.
- International students should also visit the Office of International Service site.
Complete Your Enrollment
Before you can begin the registration process, you must first complete your enrollment process. Please refer to your admissions letter to accept your admission and pay your enrollment fee.
Establish Your UIC ID
New Students can establish their NetID by going to the following link: activatenetid.accc.uic.edu
*International students: Please contact the UIC Office of Admissions and Records for information regarding your Temporary Control Number (TCN)
If you have any problems establishing your NetID and password, contact the ACCC Help Desk at (312) 413-8080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Now that you have established your NetID, the system will take you to the next step where you will setup your enterprise ID.
Set up Your Enterprise ID
1. Click the login button.
2. Type in your NetID (email@example.com) Please note: Add @uic.edu to your UIC NetID when logging in here. For example, if your UIC NetID is joan, enter firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. You will be prompted for your NetID password. Enter the password you just established.
4. You will be provided with your Enterprise ID. In many cases this will be identical to your NetID. There may be occasions where the NetID and the Enterprise ID will be different.
5. Establish your Enterprise password. Once your Enterprise ID is displayed, you will need to establish an Enterprise ID password. Specific rules on how passwords should be created are listed on the website. The password creator will not allow unauthorized passwords.
Please note: Try to use the same password as you used for your NetID.
You will need to remember the following IDs and passwords: • UIC NetID and password • Enterprise ID and password for use with UI-Integrated Self-Service System
For more information on this process please visit this site: http://www.uic.edu/depts/oar/registration/enterprise_id1.html
RSVP for Onboarding
An email with more details about attending Onboarding is normally sent out to you once your complete the enrollment process.
*International students are encouraged to attend another Onboarding of the Office of International Services.
Review the New Student Guide
This guide will give you an overview of student services and additional resources that are available to all incoming UIC students.
Attend An Academic Advising Session
Meet your academic advisor, which will be either Scott Schneider (MBA/MSA), Elizabeth Sady (MIS/MSBA) or Joey Maman (MSF/MSM). They will help you select your classes for your first semester and answer any questions you may have to ensure you will have a smooth transition into the program. Information regarding advising options will be emailed to all admitted students.
If you have questions in the meantime, please contact askLGSB@uic.edu.
Register for Classes
1. In order to register you must first meet with your faculty advisor.
2. Log into my.uic.edu with your NetID and password.
3. Click on the Student/Faculty/Staff Self Service link.
4. From the next screen choose the Registration & Records option. Then click on the Registration link.
5. Click on the Add/Drop Courses link to register for courses.
You will need the 5 digit CRN of each course you want to register for. The CRN can be found alongside the course name in the class schedule, which can be found at each program page within this website.
*If you are an international student, you must first contact the Office of International Services located in room 2160 of the Student Services Building to submit Immigrate Documents to OIS and Official Transcripts to the admissions office to have the hold removed from their record before registering for classes.
Get Your UIC Student i-Card
It will be necessary to visit the Student Services Building (SSB) at 1200 West Harrison Street to get this card. You will need your passport/state ID and a copy of your class schedule.
More information about your i-card is available atuic.edu/depts/oar/campus_resources/icard_info.html.
Purchase Your Textbooks
The UIC Bookstore is a great resource, where you will find new, used, and rental options. The bookstore also has a book buyback program at the end of every semester. Another option you have is to rent your books online, and have them arrive at your doorstep.
For this option, you can choose from one of the websites provided here:
Pick up Your CTA U-Pass
Having the CTA U-Pass is a great way to get around the city and explore.
Additionally, if you’re a full time student, you are automatically charged for the U-Pass, so be sure to not let it go to waste.