Student Center East: Illinois Room
Open to undergraduate business majors in Finance, Entrepreneurship, Information Systems, Management and Marketing all class levels, for candidates seeking both internship and entry level opportunities.
Here are some helpful tips on preparing for the career fair:
- Make sure you are dressed business professional, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Bring plenty of resumes, and then some. If you plan on speaking with 10 employers, bring 20 resumes. There’s nothing worse than having a great conversation with a recruiter then not having a resume to hand them.
- Make sure your resumes are stored in a padfolio. This extra step will help set you apart when a recruiter asks for your resume.
- Treat each interaction as an interview. As soon as you start speaking with a recruiter they are trying to determine if you are a potential candidate for their company. This is where your elevator pitch is used and you can show a little personality here.
- If they don’t bring it up, make sure to ask about how you can apply for any open positions they have.
- Always make sure to thank the recruiter for speaking with you and get their contact information. Send them a follow-up email thanking them for their time and reiterating your interest in their company.