A highly selective four-year leadership and development program.
UIC Business Scholars is a selective leadership development honors program for top performing, highly motivated undergraduates. Working closely with faculty and business professionals, Business Scholars receive a solid foundation in business coupled with in-depth knowledge and technical skills to ensure they excel in the competitive world of international business.
The purpose of the UIC Business Scholars program is to develop leadership excellence and professionalism among a cohort of highly-motivated undergraduate business students.
Business Scholars Core Values:
- Treat others with respect
- Exhibit the highest ethical standards
- Strive to achieve academic excellence
- Improve your communities through serving others
- Follow through on your commitments
- Put forth your highest effort
- Actively participate in your professional development
Collegiate Association of Business Scholars and Student Leadership
Collegiate Association of Business Scholars
The Collegiate Association of Business Scholars (CABS) is an ambitious group of UIC business scholars aiming to enhance the experience of current and prospective scholars through organizing social and philanthropic events within the community. We are making the investments others made in us worthwhile.
CABS is designed specifically for business scholars, and seeks to identify resources, as well as professional and service opportunities, for students in the program.
CABS Activities and Programs:
- Peer mentoring program
- Coordination of philanthropy and service events
- Coordination of social events
- Program branding and student outreach
Benefits and Mentoring
- Innovative curriculum
- Personal support
- Skill Based workshops
- Enriching co-curricular activities
- Career-readiness experiences
- UIC Business Scholars are considered for scholarships and other financial awards.
We offer mentoring for students in three areas
- Professional (application process): Learn from industry experts how to prepare for and succeed in the business world through the Business Advisory Council.
- Faculty (required): Learn from faculty members’ experience and areas of research, giving insight into your own academic and career choices.
- Peer: Learn from another student how to navigate and succeed as a UIC Business Scholar.