New Undergrad Business Students
Welcome New Students
Congratulations, and welcome to UIC Business! Your admission demonstrates your ability to achieve individual and academic success as tomorrow’s business leaders. Now that you’ve made it, we’ve put together some useful resources you will need as you move forward in your enrollment process.
Below you will find steps that will assist you as you prepare to start your educational journey here with us.
Next Steps for Enrollment
You’re in! Find out what you can do to be set up for success from the start of the semester. Learn more
Learn More About My Major
View degree requirements, course syllabi, and meet with your adviser. Learn more
Preparing for Business Orientation
Fall 2021 UIC Business Orientation Process: Please click below on the category that applies to you, to reveal your Orientation steps.
First-Year Student Orientation
- Complete your required Placement Tests.Visit my.uic.edu and click on the UIC Connect tab to take your placement tests.
- Complete your Online UIC Orientation program by visiting my.uic.edu and clicking on the UIC Connect tab. Online Orientation opens March 15. During your online orientation, you will be asked which academic college you are a part of–please choose Business Administration.
- Register for a Mandatory Virtual Orientation Session. You will be invited to do so after completing Step #2, above.
- A few days prior to your Virtual Orientation date, you will receive a Welcome Email from an academic adviser. This email will be sent to your UIC email address. Be sure to read the Welcome Email prior to attending Virtual Orientation as it contains critical registration information. Please check your UIC email account. (Need help setting up your UIC email account? Click here.)
- At Virtual Orientation, you will learn important information about UIC Business, and also have time dedicated to course registration and advising. You will leave Virtual Orientation with a full schedule of classes for the fall 2021 semester.
- Save the date for virtual UIC Business New Student Onboarding: August 17 and 18 where you will meet the other members of your new student cohort, as well as your Cohort Success Team – the first members of your professional network. You will only attend one of these dates. Registration will open in late July and you will be contacted via email to register.
Transfer Student Orientation
- Complete any required Placement Tests. Visit my.uic.edu and click on the UIC Connect tab to take your placement tests.
- Complete your Online UIC Orientation program by visiting my.uic.edu and clicking on the UIC Connect tab. Online Orientation opens March 15. During your online orientation, you will be asked which academic college you are a part of – please choose Business Administration.
- Register for your courses. Once you have completed your placement testing AND Online UIC Orientation program, you will be sent course recommendations* to your UIC email from an adviser within one week of completion. Need help setting up your UIC email account? Click here.
The optional, synchronous orientations are not offered after August 12. However, UIC Business Student Services team has upcoming workshops and advising sessions planned for mid-August. Please check your UIC email for details on how you can sign-up for these sessions and meet with our advisers.
*In a small subset of cases, transfer course articulations may not be completed prior to the beginning of the first semester of study. An academic adviser will notify you directly if this might be the case for you. If contacted for a syllabus, submit it for review to ensure your credit correctly applies. If your syllabus is not in English, it must be translated by a translation service. You can contact your consulate or embassy for translation service recommendations.
- Orientation is not required of Readmit students.
- Upon placing your Intent to Enroll, you will receive an email with next steps on how to schedule an academic advising appointment.
- Your adviser will help you to register for your courses.
*Online BBA students should follow the BBA Online directions, found in the section below.
Online BBA Students
Newly admitted students in the online track of the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program are required to complete a separate online orientation session. This orientation session is offered in a different platform and covers important information specific to online BBA students.
Admitted students can expect to receive an email from their academic advisor with a link to register for upcoming sessions.
Online BBA students should not complete any on-campus orientation sessions required for on-campus students.
Virtual Graduation Ceremony Countdown with Undergraduate & Graduate Student Speakers | Ehlimana Gutosic & Katie O’Malley
The UIC Business blog caught up with Ehlimana Gutosic, this year’s undergraduate student speaker, and Katie O’Malley, this year’s graduate student speaker. They shared their reflections on the time spent at UIC Business and what’s next for their career.